Terms and Conditions...
Please read the full terms and conditions before placing the order. It is assumed that you have read and understood and therefore agree to the following terms and conditions when you order a cake.
1. All cakes are baked assuming that the event is on the day of the purchase and therefore it will be consumed on that day unless specified otherwise.
2. All cakes are baked fresh to order and do not contain preservatives. Therefore, I do not guarantee the freshness after the event date.
3. Sponge cakes do not contain nuts but it is produced in the kitchen which uses nuts, dairy products, cheese etc...
4. As a standard, all initial quotes are given for vanilla sponge with jam filling only. If you have requirement for a different flavour or additional fillings, it must be mentioned while making an enquiry.
5. As a standard our fondant icing will be 1/4" thick and the colourings used are edible pastes and liquid.
1. If you are very particular about a design or character, you are required to give a picture of the exact design or character.
2. All cakes are home-made and hand-carved. So, no two cakes will look the same. Minor changes must be anticipated.
3. In situations where the customer gives the design, it must still be anticipated that the cake could have my own touches.
4. In some celebration and novelty cakes, i.e. kids' birthday cakes, I may not be able to write the message on the cake as it might clash with the design itself. In such cases, the message will be written on the board.
1. In exceptional cases, I reserve the right to cancel a cake order at any time due to illness or family emergencies.
2. All servings quoted are 2"x1" size for sponge cakes and 1"x1" size for fruit cakes and are approximate value only.
3. Do not refrigerate or freeze cakes. Refrigeration will only result in colour running and I do not accept any responsibility in such events. Your cake should be stored in a cool area. Ensure cut cakes are covered well with cling film.
4. Any mistakes on the cake must be notified at the time of collection or delivery. I do not take any responsibility on the cake after collection or delivery.
5. The cake table must be level, stable, clothed and ready for cake placement prior to delivery for function events.
Please note that the above terms and conditions are made keeping the customers' and our welfare in mind and to avoid any unwanted disputes.
All products are home-made and produced in the kitchen certified by Moray Council. I the designer has successfully completed a programme of training and an assessment which concluded the course of REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene certificate which was conducted by Edinburgh’s Telford College.
All cakes come in suitable cake boxes and on cake boards. Sugar modelling figurines may or may not contain wires and cakepop sticks to support the design wherever required. Stacked cakes will be supported by dowel rods to ensure balance and to spread the weight evenly. Care must be taken when cutting and serving such cakes.
If your cake has tiers stacked directly on top of each other they must be separated and support dowels removed prior to cutting. To separate the cakes use a long sharp knife and guide it directly under each cake, each cake has its own board and there is usually some grease proof paper underneath each board to help prevent the silver off the board being transferred onto the cake.
Please note food colours containing E numbers "may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children".
Any allergies or intolerances to particular ingredient must be notified to the designer at the time of booking.